For this lesson, students will use the Reverse Spherification technique to create delicious strawberry spheres with a thin gel membrane on the outside and delicious strawberry puree on the inside. In this lesson, students will learn how molecular gastronomy chefs use chemical reactions to turn ordinary food into extraordinary dishes.
• Chemistry is used in a wide variety of professions.
• Science and cooking are closely related.
• Origin of Sodium Alginate and Gelatin.
• What is a gel.
• Differences between gelatin and alginate gels.
• Introduction to the concept of difussion.